Thursday, March 13, 2014

AR Summary

I was very pleased with the results of my action research.  It showed that at the end of the trimester, my students that had struggled with math in the past showed some great gains and successes.  All of them, save for two, passed the course and many got the highest grade that they had ever attained in a math course.  This gives me encouragement to do this again in the future for the second half of the course in our third trimester.  A few questions that have come to me are:
  • Will I still like standards-based grading by the end of the school year?
  • Will I want to implement this into other courses?
  • If I stop teaching the Algebra 2 Concepts class, will the next teacher continue to use standards based grading?

3 comments:

  1. Yay! You have to love when things all work out! Glad to hear that more students had success and probably have a better attitude towards math!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic that the results were so positive. Now that you have laid the groundwork I say go for the gusto! You have evidence to support that it would be useful for your other courses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would think that your administration is watching (or should be watching) you as so many districts are going to standards based grading. It was forced upon teachers in our district so I think it is great that you have decided to try it on your own, are very positive about it, and are finding it better for your students' learning. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete